So I Think I Can Dance...

I don't dance. Ever. It's not that I don't have rhythm (and if you don't believe me, ask my voice teacher. He called me a human metronome), it's just that the rhythm is all in my head. The rest of my body is left to it's own devices. Which apparently don't work so well. But anyway...

A friend of mine does all sorts of fun things like swing dancing and playing violin and she asked me to go dancing with her. Contra dancing. This dancing, I can do. It has steps and a caller who tells you what to do (yes, like in square dancing, but this is different). My feet, fortunately, are not rhythmically challenged, so I was able to keep up. I had a ridiculous amount of fun. I would not recommend this for the antisocial, however. You dance with everyone in the room, at least for a few seconds. There's not much time (or breath) for chit chat, so making small talk is not an issue, it's just that dancing with the world might be a bit intimidating. My advice is to be brave and give it a shot. Grab a group of your friends and head out to the dance floor. You won't regret it.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad to hear that your feet your feet don't have any issues. Some apparently it's just your hips. At least you can do your little ski dance. :)