On Music

"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC"
Kurt Vonnegut

"It's no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn't even speak to each other if they met at a party."
Nick Hornby

"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music."
Albert Einstein

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent"
Victor Hugo

2 comments:

Regina said...

Great quotes Kate!

Another one of my favorites: "Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" ~ Albus Dumbledore

marie said...

I like the Victor Hugo quote (and the one from Dumbledore!). Here are two more music/zak quotes:

Music is what feelings sound like.
~Author Unknown

I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else.
~Lily Tomlin